Monday, May 3, 2010

Hike and Bike

This past weekend was quite the outdoorsy weekend for Nathan and I. But I guess when you live in a National Park at one of the most beautiful places ever . . . it's ok to go out and enjoy it. On Saturday we hiked up Sunshine Mountain. It's the mountain on one side of us that forms our little valley where we live. There's a metal cross that's up at the top of it and it's got a beautiful view looking over the lake. It was a hard hike for me, quite steep. But the beautiful view and the fun of hiking back down hill made it worth it.


Then yesterday we borrowed my neighbor's tandem bike and took it for a spin around the lake. Other than getting a little muddy and ducking under the fallen trees that are on the trail . . . it was fun. So after a great weekend outdoors I was definitely a bit sore and definitely a little sunburned. But it sure was lovely.

1 comment:

  1. So fun Joce!! Sounds like you two have a lot of fun together :)

    ReplyDelete