Saturday, June 12, 2010

My Not So Sensational Scones

Baking has been one of my new-found loves in life. Mind you . . . my interest seems to only be in unusual fancy things like cream puffs and truffles, and the things that go with coffee and tea. Go figure. Biscotti is what I usually make, but this week I decided to branch out into the world of scones. I was inspired by Katie's delicious blueberry muffins, so I made my first scone attempt and made blueberry ones. The recipe called for half and half . . . which I had none of and opted for regular milk instead. Not that I'm going to blame it on that . . . but my scones looked nice, tasted ok, but had an awful rubbery texture. They were topped with sugar and a yummy tart lemony glaze that I made, but it wasn't enough to salvage them. They are in the trash. Well, I guess you can't win everything huh? Onwards and upwards from here!

I would welcome any tips on making yummy scones :-)

1 comment:

  1. real butter and minimal "kneading" I think. Mrs. Miller was a pro at them!

    ReplyDelete