Monday, November 24, 2008

6 Months and 6 Hours Later

It's 6 hours later and life looks drastically different. I am now sitting at "home". It feels very strange. It's as if I have never left, but at the same time . . . it's completely different. Likely it's just me that's different. I like the different.

It's 6 months later and my perception of time and distance has been completely warped. Totally understandable I'd say, since it's an hour and a half to the nearest anything. Coming out of the Grapevine tonight, and seeing the city open up . . . I felt like I was so close to home. You know, it's that feeling you get coming home after a vacation when things first start looking familiar. It was just ridiculous that that feeling set in hours from home this time. And instead of coming home after a vacation . . . home now, is my vacation. That is very strange. This isn't real life anymore. Just a break from the current reality, to briefly slip into the old one.

No comments:

Post a Comment