Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Singing Butler

Have I ever told you about my favorite painting?

I had admired it for years . . . never even knowing the name or the artist until several years ago. It's called "The Singing Butler" by Jack Vettriano. I love this painting not because of the style or the artist (I don't especially love either) . . . but I love the content.


It's a man in a tuxedo and a woman in an evening gown dancing barefoot at the beach. And what I love about it . . . is that you can tell the weather is stormy and windy, but it never seems to phase the dancers. The butler and the maid on the other hand . . . they are holding umbrellas over the couple and turning away from the wind. But the couple is still dancing.

It's like this beautiful, peaceful moment in the middle of a storm. I absolutely love it. And the other day . . . I came home to find a 32 x 44 inch, beautifully framed copy sitting in my living room. It's so big there's only one space it will fit in my house. Thank you Sarah. It's beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. AAAAh! I am so excited for you!!!! This will be an amazing first to your art collection:)

    ReplyDelete