In the last 2 days we have had:
1. The 3 hour flight from Chaing Mai to Singapore
2. Dinner and exploring Singapore
3. A night in the beautiful Crowne Plaza Hotel at the Singapore Airport
4. The 6 hour flight to Tokyo/Narita Japan
5. The 8 hour 40 minute flight from Japan to LA (with crazy turbulence)
6. The 1 hour flight from LA to Fresno
7. The 1 1/2 hour drive from Fresno . . .
Now, we are finally home.
It feels really weird to be back in the States. After seeing another part of the world, I am reminded of our American culture and how it looks so different from other cultures. After living with Asian culture, I am now very turned off by the greedy, materialistic, big, loud, obnoxious and abrasive culture that we seem to have. Maybe I am just tired to traveling with a big group and the fact that we stuck out like a sore thumb. But American just seems ridiculous to me right now. It's weird to be back in it . . . and that I'll be around people that don't even realize their in it and part of it either.
The only good thing about being home now . . . is the fresh mountain air. But that's about it.