Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekends and Biscotti

I absolutely looove weekends. In high school I had dance competitions on weekends and in college, I always worked on the weekends, so they never actually felt like a break. And working summer staff, I only had one day off a week. But now . . . working a full-time job Monday through Friday, I really get to discover the joy of having 2 days off. Days that aren't filled with homework. It really is fantastic.

Yesterday I spent my day doing things I love, like drinking tea, reading, laying on the couch, catching up on laundry and chores around my house, hanging out with friends and watching a movie, and baking. Here's a picture of my most recent creation (along with the great cooling racks I got for Christmas). Gingerbread Biscotti! This was a new recipe for me and I think they turned out pretty good. They don't have as much flavor as I would have hoped, so I made up my own little vanilla frosting/glaze which I added to about half of them. Yum! Come on over for some biscotti!

No comments:

Post a Comment